Tuesday, May 29, 2007
It has been so long I couldnt find the HAPPY ME....
I thought I was happy when I finished my homework....
I thought I was happy when people praised me.......
I thought I was happy when I have enough sleep.....
I thought I was happy to keep myself occupied......
I thought I was a happy girl...
But I didnt realise.. I wasn't THAT happy until today!
It has been so many years that my birthday falls during EXAM PERIOD and when all my friends are busy preparing with exam....since secondary school, A levels, my 3 years LLB and FINALLY, this year... I can at least chill out for 1-2 days coz my exam is not 1-2 days after my birthday....
Anyway,I had a great day today..and also yesterday for my Birthday!!..
Since the FIRST OPENING SURPRISE from my PB3 gang yesterday at the Mamak, Im happy til now!! It really made the opening for my big day and I was really very happy to see everyone who appeared one after another giving me surprises...and although Uncle Teoh couldnt make it, I got his call as early as 9am today!!.. THANKS EVERYONE!! Also, thanks for the call Mie.. and the msg Pegz...!! And not to be forgotten...the BIRTHDAY CAKE!! my 1st bday cake!
Then, the 2nd Surprise was given by my housemates when I came out from the bathroom after bath and they switched off all the lights and sang bday song for me with Shirley holding the cake... I WAS REALLY TOUCHED!!! *hugs* What I was so very happy was.. after they sang the bday song and when I wanted to blow the candles.. I heard the clock STRUCK 12am!!! Wow..such a good timing!
Next, it was Bday lunch with my bosses... They asked me to go back to the office to have lunch with them and I was 15 mins late and I got lecture by my boss..coz he waited for me.. and everyone was so serious coz my boss's face was really really fierce....and he lectured me for good 15 mins....Argh... I was like "15 mins really made so BIG difference"... I know I was really wrong to be late but... I couldnt wake up on time coz I slept at 5am and when he was lecturing me..I was feeling REALLY GUILTY!
He scolded me coz.. he had important meeting and he gotta adjourn it coz I was late and coz today they really have a few meetings including staff meeting and the 15 mins was really material... Anyway, after he scolded me he said "I go for the staff meeting first after the meeting only we go and eat"... then I was like "okok..u go for ur meeting first ar.. i can wait one.."... Well, then I went to Esther's room and she knew I was being scolded coz her room is just next door.. and after that my boss called for the meeting and I stayed in Esther's room.. and my boss suddenly said "since you're here.. you join the meeting too".. - with the fierce and dont-give-a-damn look.....
Then I was like.....?????
Then when I walked into the meeting room..EVERYONE was standing..i was like ??Hmm why everyone standing one??? then suddenly they sang bday song..I didnt even see the cake until they started to laugh....and when I saw my boss also standing there started to burst into laughter....heehhehehehehehe..
I was really really surprised by it and really happy!!!!!
After meeting them and had lunch, I came home around 5pm and took a nap... and after that had dinner with my housemates.. Though it was not any grand celebration for that birthday dinner but I really enjoyed the company!! THANKS EVERYONE!!! And I really come to realise that... not the celebration that counts... the people who you hang out with on your birthday makes a really BIG difference.... =)
All I want to say is...
I HAD A GREAT AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....THANKS EVERYONE WHO MADE MY DAY!!!!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE THEM!!!!
Also, thanks for all the SMS and PHONE CALLS wishes...by remembering my bday is already enough for me.....
*cheers*
* J u s T F o R N o W_
11:49 PM