Friday, September 15, 2006
Not many people will say working life is fun.. it is in fact tired...
Have been getting up in the morning at 7am to work... will reach office at around 8.15am.
This is the first week of my work.. hopefully the rest of the days in office would remain as it is...
Day1: Maha ( Senior Secretary) brought me to my seat... and she just gave me newspaper to read coz she doesnt know what she can ask me to do.. so she just asked me to wait for the lawyer to come...
Lawyer Ms. Esther came at 9.15am.. so basically, I did not do anything until she came. The first thing she gave me was a Divorce case. She passed me the file and then asked me to read the file and write the chronology for it.. so thats what I did for that day. (I havent finished that case til today coz everyday I have different things to do).
Day2: Ms . Esther asked me to do a research on Land Law's issue coz she had a case to hear on the next day. I was in the Firm's Library the WHOLE DAY.... looking for all relevant cases... I looked thru ALL the Malayan Law Journals... from 1998-2006... my God.. got so stressed up that day.. FINALLY I FOUND SOMETHING!!! was so happy and excited... and Ms. Esther was so happy too.. she was saying "HALELUYAH" when I passed her the thing I found.. and yes.. it actually helped her for her case.
Day3: Read thru an arbitration case and did chronology for it. This case is basically UKM (University Kebangsaan Malaysia) who asked this company to build a building and at the end of the day when the building is built and UKM did not want to pay for it... STUPID!!!...
Day4: Met Ms. Esther at Dang Wangi LRT station at 8.15am coz she wanna bring me to the High Court at Wisma Denmark. I didnt know High court is there.. hahaha... it's in a TALL BUILDING... So, she brought me in and saw so many lawyers.. who actually thought Im Ms. Esther's client... haha.. I look old...?? Then, after her case, she brought me for a tour... to show me around.. what is where... where is what....
Met Ms. Esther's friend in the High Court Library and she (a lawyer from another firm) was actually having a problem regarding some rental case... and seeked for Ms. Esther's advice.. I just sat there and listened.... Then we went for a drink at the canteen.. and then Ms. Esther and I took the LRT back to our office.... I continued to do my arbitration work from day 3 and finally I finished it....
Day5: Reached office at 8.15am again and waited for Ms. Esther coz today she wanted to bring me to the Industrial Court. There we went...walked to the court and as usual ..we cracked jokes and laughed non stop.... my stomach really ache like Im having some stomach problems... then after her case, she brought me around.. another Court tour... went into this court which was regarding Long Calls where all the chambering students are called to the bar to be a true qualified lawyer.... and it was kinda boring and we went off after that.
Then, Ms. Esther brought me to the Bar Council Library and I cant go into the library coz Im not a lawyer nor a chambering student. After that, Ms. Esther called Mr. Chew (my boss) for breakfast.. coz Mr. Chew asked her to call him after we have done with our things... so we went to a coffee shop for breakfast...
Went back to the office after that and I started to do Sudoku.. Im addicted to it nowadays.. but after a while, I got back to my job... Ms. Esther gave me another divorce file... and she was like.. "ok ok..enough for you... you have enough of the divorce cases..should give you bankruptcy case next week"....hahahaha....
Anyway, I have learnt a lot..though it's only one week...
People working there are nice people... 3 clerks and they are really nice people... make tea for me.. they know I dont take caffein so they always make Milo for me... hahaha...
Hope this will be the same for the rest of my days in the firm.... Everyday before we go back home.. we will definitely laugh non stop....there will surely be someone cracking a super funny joke...kekekeke...
Thats all for now.. Im tired..need to bath and go to bed soon..coz tomoro have classes on...
* J u s T F o R N o W_
11:06 PM